Founded in 1987, VSS of MN’s mission is fostering personal and professional transformation for low-income families through confidence building, customized skills training, and career advancement. VSS of MN believes that regardless of personal situations and other barriers to employment, when an appropriate level of education and support is provided, individuals can and will succeed.
VSS of MN has a long history of expertise and knowledge in the field of adult education and workforce development. We are advocates on many levels – from our work on poverty and education issues to our core programs and services – we work tirelessly on behalf of those we serve. VSS of MN’s holistic model is comprised of three key phases – preparing for employment, finding employment, and keeping employment.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is for an experienced supervisor and case manager of public benefit programs who is enthusiastic, passionate and self-directed. This individual must have exceptional communication, leadership and organizational skills. He or she will help lead and provide support within the family support department and across the organization to assist low-income parents who are preparing to enter the workforce and transitioning from welfare to work. He or she will work closely with MN Department of Human Services and VSS of MN’s education and employment teams. This position will supervise a team of case managers and maintain a caseload of TANF participants. This position also conducts a range of assessments and contributes to data collection, program evaluation and community relations.
- Provide the direct supervision of a team of case managers, including hiring, training, and supporting professional development.
- Assist with VSS of MN’s orientation process, facilitation of orientations and managing new referrals.
- Complete monthly billing and reporting; monitor case manager’s monthly reporting to ensure accuracy.
- Act as primary point of contact on one county contract, including relationship building, scheduling, outcomes and billing.
- Ensure program compliance and accuracy and work with team on improvements.
- Manage a case load of participants using strength-based methods and a social work approach.
- Maintain program standards for outcomes and reporting.
- Attend cross-functional training opportunities and meetings.
- Provide job placement support in collaboration with the CWEE Employment Services Team.
- Assist staff and participants in managing and navigating the rigors of policies and practices.
- Assist in developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with community partners to leverage community resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum one year of supervision and proven leadership experience.
- Minimum two years of case management experience in a human service or workforce development setting.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with individuals from diverse and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Ability to serve as a role model to participants and case managers.
- Strong ability to learn, understand and apply complex and changing guidelines and policies and to provide support and guidance to others around these policies.
- Bilingual English/Vietnamese
- Articulate and skilled in using motivational interviewing strategies and strengths-based approaches to case management.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and proven ability to balance multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail.
- Quick learner with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment while adapting quickly to changing needs of the department.
- Collaborative and flexible team player who is able to serve in many roles: leader, follower, coach, problem-solver.
- Able to take direction and provide direction and support to case managers.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based databases including experience working with CBMS.
- Skilled in data entry and case record documentation.
- Positive attitude and results-driven.
|Salary Range||$43,000-$48,000, DOE|
|Reports to||Director of Family Support|